Samsung has been a pioneer in the television and technological industry for a long time and, in the age of 4k resolution and constant development of new technology, Full HD resolution feels outdated.
These types of TVs, however, are the ones who are starting to replace our old small monitors in the garage or kitchen or multi-display setup instead of monitors and with the improvement of technology, the better deals you would be able to get on these types of television sets.
The N5300 32 Inch TV (UN32N5300AFXZA) from Samsung is a great example of what can be bought at a great price and serve all your needs when you want a side screen to look at while having your morning coffee, set up in a guest room, or just another handy display to have around if the need comes.
In the following review, we will be taking a look at how you can take advantage of this product and put it to good use and hopefully give you a better idea of what your next purchase would look like.
Key Features of the Samsung N5300 32 Inch Smart TV
|Refresh Rate||60 Hz|
- 32 Inches – Compared to today’s standards 32 inches is not too big of a screen but works great for smaller rooms and other places you might feel you want an extra screen.
- Built-in Wi-Fi – Built-in connection to the internet is key to have around the house because you rarely need any cables to make a snake nest around your tech utilities or have LAN cables lying around.
- Smart TV – This is a smart TV set so you will be able to enjoy all your favorite apps like Netflix, HBO, YouTube, and sports apps wherever you set this television up because of the built-in Wi-Fi.
- Full HD TV – In the age of 4K and even 8K resolution it might seem low but at 32 inches Full HD resolution really shines through and will project you with a crisp image of every movie and video you play on it.
- Micro Dimming Pro Feature – With this feature the screen is divided into zones, which are constantly analyzed for giving you the deepest blacks and the brightest and purest whites out of any scene you are looking at.
Review of the Samsung N5300 32 Inch Smart TV
Now that we listed all the features this television set has to offer, let us look deeper into every aspect that makes this a great purchase.
Sleek and overall compact design, this TV looks great on any countertop, hung up on the wall with the wall mount options available, or wherever you decide to place it. No extra bells and whistles, just a clean design with solid features to serve all needs.
As a standalone unit, this television set might not look like much, just like any other of the 32 inch TVs you might find on the market. At the same time, it is equipped with two HDMI ports which would let you attach a gaming console as well as another device to it, like a laptop or an IPTV box module for quick access to whatever you need on-demand.
The built-in Wi-Fi is a great feature because you do not have to pull cables from your modem to every place in the house you could get this TV to as long as you have a good wireless signal.
YouTube, browsing, and other online services are just a click away with no extra cables. Another feature not to be neglected is that this is a Smart TV, which means you can just install all your favorite applications on it and have a go at them whenever you feel like it.
No need to extend an HDMI cable from your laptop to the TV when you can just have Netflix running at the click of a button.
As with any Samsung product, this 32-inch TV set is capable of synchronizing with all your other Samsung devices, so you never skip a beat or have something missing by accident.
The Content Sync&Share app allows you to sync all the information from your Samsung phones, tablets, and other devices to the television as long as you are connected to the same wireless network.
And this is not even the end of it. With the SmartThings app installed on any device you have, you can easily project any information from it to the screen and even use your phone or tablet as a remote control.
The display of the television also has an HDR setting, which will let you enjoy a much better viewing experience of bright and dark spectrums no matter what you watch.
Pros and Cons of the Samsung Smart TV
What We Liked
- Built-in Wi-Fi – a great feature for a display to have around the house with no extra LAN cables lying around.
- Smart TV – the ability to install your favorite media apps like YouTube, HBO, and Netflix are key for a television set that is anywhere in the house, office, garage, or leisure area.
- Full HD – 1080p might not seem like much nowadays in terms of resolution but at 32 inches you are getting a fantastic experience.
- HDR – building on the previous point, 1080p with HDR, even at lower refresh rates like 60Hz, makes for great brightness tones, deep darks, and an overall wonderful viewing experience.
What we Didn’t Like
- A bit pricey – it is a bit on the more expensive side when it comes to 32-inch television sets and it is not too far price-wise from a 32-inch high-quality monitor, so decisions need to be made here.
- Only 2 HDMI slots – might be reaching too much but one could always use more connectors in case of another device being needed to be plugged in. In this day and age, 2 HDMI’s are pretty much on the low end.
- One USB slot – on the exact same note, a single USB slot is next to nothing in terms of connectivity.
The Samsung N5300 32 Inch smart LED TV, even though on the pricier side, can be a great addition to your home, office, or service area or even buying multiple displays for your gym.
The wireless connectivity is key here because it will let you connect multiple displays to the network and if you have the software on your mobile devices, you will be able to communicate with the sets at ease and control them at the same time.
We hope this guide served as a compass and a manual to help you better understand what you are looking for in a smaller size TV set and one which you would use on the side so that when you decide to go for your next purchase, you have the right mindset and know exactly what you need.
This article was last updated on January 4, 2022 .