There are plenty of choices when it comes to monitors and many details should be considered before purchasing one for your daily tasks. The Dell U2718Q HDR Monitor is one, which would please many customers who are looking for great value for their workstation. With a polished and clean design, Dell brings a lot to the table when it comes to the market segment of HDR displays.
Key Specs of The Dell UltraSharp U2718Q 27-Inch HDR Monitor
|Screen Size||27 Inch|
- Thin bezel display making you forget about borders and enjoy a full picture of the highest quality
- 4k resolution. No pixelation at this size and you can enjoy your work or entertainment without any worries about your picture quality
- IPS display. The best colors and the best viewing angles you can get while staying on point with the price.
- Low response time. It is game time. At 5ms this monitor is great for casual gaming when you feel you need to take a break from work, or if you decide to put this display in your game area.
- Fantastic price for a premium display panel and resolution
- Ability to put multiple displays into one single monitor via Bluetooth
Features of the Dell UltraSharp U2718Q HDR Monitor
Dell has done an amazing job upgrading their general brand of displays and not only focusing on its Alienware gaming branch. Many options for gamers have come out where you do not have to pay a pretty penny for the alien logo and still get amazing results for gaming and work. Considering this, the following is a review of one great display, which offers a lot and asks very little when you consider the alternatives.
The design of the U2718Q is not something spectacular. It does not have the “WOW” gaming factor and yet it can serve as a good 4k HDR gaming monitor. The design is clean. Straight lines, thin bezels so you can barely see the frame, a great loop meant for cable management, so you don’t end up with a snake pit of cables. Nice and simple, Dell manages to deliver a sleek design with every small detail one would need to create their perfect setup at home or at the office.
4K HDR monitors are still quite new and gaming on them can be quite challenging depending on which game you are trying out, however, these displays are not only meant for that and this is the reason they cost a pretty penny in most cases.
An IPS panel is the most expensive one you can invest in. The best colors, the best viewing angles, the darkest blacks, and the darkest blacks in the color spectrum is what you get when you invest in IPS. So if you are not only into gaming but also into editing videos, preprinting jobs, editing photos, an IPS display is what you need.
Coming off this remark, the 4K resolution and HDR quality makes sure that at this size you get the greatest, no pixel, and clear color you can receive when working, gaming, or watching a video.
At this competitive price, with these specifications and features, the Dell Ultrasharp HDR monitor knocks other competitors like the ASUS ROG PG27UQ out of the park. Being able to implement multiple views via Bluetooth into one display like your TV does picture in picture as well as to multitask left and right from up to 6 devices, really sets this product apart from others.
Plenty of ports available at the back and side of this monitor, with audio lines, USB ports DP connectors, and HDMIs, as well as a stand lock at the back so you can be sure your monitor will not slip when you set it at the position you decide suits you best.
Just as the other top HDR monitors, Dell has made sure that every aspect of this monitor is up to par with any needs you might have. You can easily switch between landscape and portrait orientation and the monitor will follow you with it. It looks more than sleek while in portrait mode for the debonair users out there. Whichever way you look at it, the U2718Q will provide the right image in the perfect color.
The stand is not too wide and can act as a platform. You can leave any belongings you have in your pocket to be visible and at the same time not be in the way of your work or gaming on the desk.
On the other hand, the VESA mount makes it quite easy to set up multiple displays with any multiple monitor stand and makes your home or office setup easily maintainable and manageable.
An intuitive menu is crucial when you are dealing with monitors and this one has it. Within just a few minutes, you will be able to switch between scenes, display setups, and all settings necessary to complete your viewing experience.
Even at this size, the viewing angle is fantastic at about 178 degrees, which ensures you can enjoy a gaming session with your friends without everyone looking over your shoulder to see what is going on.
Dell UltraSharp U2718Q 27-Inch HDR Monitor Pros
- Fantastic price. Where today’s markets stand, this is an optimal display for both work and play
- Utility. The option of connecting so many devices through different connections and having a picture in picture option in just one monitor is a dream for many analysts and finance traders out there. Streamers are not far behind; where you can combine many screens to better manage your workspace.
- Clean design. Thin bezels, a good loop for cable management, any orientation you set this monitor at, it will look professional in any office space.
- A gaming monitor for the hard worker. It is not the best gaming monitor out there but at this fantastic price, you get not only a professional display for daily use with your projects but also a fantastic gaming monitor for casual days where you just want to sit back and relax.
Dell UltraSharp U2718Q 27-Inch HDR Monitor Cons
- Marketed as a gaming monitor. It is great for a casual gamer but at 5ms response rate and 60Hz this display will not feed the hunger of Esports enthusiasts and serious gamers
- When testing brightness and blackness, the bright was way out of order and you can actually feel the eye strain when looking too much into a scene with these settings
- No flicker-free or low blue light technology, which is a must for high-end displays so we can protect our eyes from too much strain.
Would I Buy a Dell Monitor?
As a person who is not a fan of the brand, I would definitely consider the Dell U2718Q monitor as a part of my arsenal. At this competitive price, compared to the high roller ASUS PG27UQ, this display can do all this and more for someone who isn’t too pretentious and wants to do some work and at the same time enjoy their gaming life.
If you are on the lookout for a high-end monitor, make sure you know what you want from your new display. In this review, we went through some of the good and bad of the Dell UltraSharp U2718Q 27-Inch HDR Monitor, but there are plenty of other options out on the market. A better-priced monitor with almost as good specifications as the higher end might serve your purpose even better than the one worth a new workstation.
This article was last updated on July 8, 2021 .